Tuesday, July 21, 2015

All quiet on the home front

Lion remains under the Spirea.  I'm sort of caught up in the studio (the mess remains--maybe tomorrow)  David is spending a lot of time watching the Pan-Am games, and disagreeing with the commentators and judges.  Today we decided to cook our last turkey.  It had been in the freezer too long, and over the weekend, we ( the "Royal" we) had to clean out the freezer-- a filthy job that is attended to in odd numbered years.

Well, for a variety of reasons the bird didn't go in the oven until after 4:00.  At 7:00 we got enough off the breast to eat,and now, at just after 8:00, it's finally out of the oven. We had planned to make stock, to use in gravy, so that we can freeze some of the cooked meat.  Maybe tomorrow.

Things are going better with my knee.  The Physio suggested that I was progressing myself too quickly, and should move a little slower with reducing the Tylenol.  She suggested that I take one at bed time, and then be willing to take another couple during the day, until the pain was just controlled.  Since I had found that I just couldn't manage with out something, her suggestion made sense. I had been in pretty bad shape, but over the past week seem to have returned to my old self--and I seem to be doing it on 2 Tylenol Extra Strength a day, although I'm willing to take the the occasional third one.  Functionally, my walking and tolerance are a little better as.well.  I still miss being able to drink a glass of wine, once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment