Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Morning

Holidays have started.  I am looking forward to the off time even if I will be busy.  I had a tooth pulled on Thursday.  It took him over an hour to pull it, but he got it out in one piece.   There was no way to save it.  Of course the timing was bad because Friday was my lunch at the Rotary meeting.  My daughter is now President of the Neepawa Rotary Club.  The first female president.  She gave a speech on the history of women in Rotary.  It was really interesting.  Her friend Amanda was also a guest and Amanda happens to be the Governor of  District 2 of Kin Club of Canada.  I wonder how the old boys club is going to handle those 2?!  At the lunch Val served Cream of Wild Rice soup as one of the choices.  OMG Was that ever good!!  I also had an egg salad sandwich (One of about 7 different choices) which I ripped into tiny pieces and ate on one side of my mouth, and Lemon Meringue pie (also one of about 7 choices).  No wonder she joined Rotary.  The lunch was great.  Rrain invited a number of guests and I think 9 or 10 of us showed up.  We definitely changed the gender balance in the room.  And Rrain bought all of us our lunch.  As for me, I have my cleaning timetable all balanced out.  Now I just have to do it.  I got sidetracked yesterday and ended up tidying and sorting the "pantry" downstairs.  Out of order, but done.  We finally got some rain yesterday.  Only 3/10th but we really need it.  The smoke is still pretty thick around here.  I'm just glad I don;t live where the fires are!  Jim is up now.  Time to think about breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment