Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Expect the unexpected

I use the "large" font, but sometimes, especially if I'm working on the other computer, it plays games with me, and I need to use the "largest" font, but forget to convert the message to"large", when I'm finished. 

I missed that announcement of the closure of, yet another, floor of the Bay.   Too bad, but when we were there, there sure weren't many customers around--mind you, it was very early in the morning, on a week day.

I have to confess that I'm still struggling with my focus for the next while.  The ladies in Plumas have been in touch with me, asking for supply lists and such.  I had been hoping not to have to get down to work on that until we got back from Cuba.  The course I'm teaching needs updating, and I'm not sure what direction to move with that, but now I've been forced to put, at least, my teaching outline in writing.  The last year, or so, I've been experimenting with a new technique, and loving it.  The main source of information is some very poorly produced U-Tube videos, that refer to an instruction book that is our of print.  I got desperate and checked on Amazon, hoping to find a used copy.  It was there for over $600.00.  Oh Yeh--Like that's going to happen!  Just for fun I checked on "new", and there it was, in both the original and a new 2nd edition, for less than $30.00.  Ordered it, of course, but it is coming from Great Britain, and won't get here until early February, probably while we're in Cuba.  Then I'll have to spend a bit of time getting my skill level to where I'm comfortable teaching it.

So right now. I'm pretty well spinning my wheels, and wasting far too much time on "Candy Crush".  I've been having entirely too much fun, so today, David downloaded Windows 10, so he could play Candy Crush.  

Then there was some confusion about my Tuesday stitching group, and yesterday I found out they were coming here--today.  So, Beth, I found a use for the coffee that was left over after you went home.  Thank Goodness, I keep a loaf of banana bread in the freezer.  Last evening was spent hurriedly cleaning the kitchen, this morning to showering and cleaning the bathroom, and vacuuming ( Thank you David).  It was a pleasant visit, but now I'm ready to veg out, for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment