Friday, January 22, 2016

Yes, it's Friday

I was at a meeting of my art group this afternoon, and suddenly remembered some important government forms that I had put off until the beginning of January.  Whoops!  I had thought they had to be in, complete with cheque, by February 6th.  I was in a total panic and couldn't wait to get home.  Thank Goodness, one is due Feb 16th and the other Feb 26.  This was corporate names registration for both my Mouse Factory and my Fibre Divas.  Letters are now ready to be mailed tomorrow morning.  That was the excitement for today.

While I was out at the meeting, David was talking to Loren.  He and Gillian will be over tomorrow to raid my stash of art supplies.  I know she wants some stretched canvasses, and I certainly have those.  I've registered for a class Feb 20th for which I'll need my acrylics.  So if she wants any of those she'll just have to wait.  Otherwise, I have no idea what she might choose.  She may want my chalk pastels.  I haven't used them in years, but I think I may give her custody of them, with the proviso that I can borrow them back, if I ever need them.

We continue to suffer with low humidity in the house.  David has spoken to the people who installed the furnace, and they state there should have been no question about us needing one, and that it should have been installed with the furnace.  The fellow is supposed to have called us about what can be done, but nothing heard so far.  We need it asap, and I shudder to think what we may have to pay to have it installed after the fact.

We continue to gather "stuff" to be packed.  My big deal is toiletries, all of which must be in their original containers.  Additionally, any fluids must be less than 100 ml and packed in a plastic bag.  The lady at the travel agency made a big deal out of giving us a plastic zip-type bag to use.  She also gave use four luggage tags, and those are already attached to the bags.

The rest of the time we play Candy Crush, or I try to figure out the new Word 2013 that is on my computer.  A bit different from the Word 2003 that I had before, but I notice that David last had Word 1997, so I shouldn't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment