Monday, January 25, 2016

No, it's Monday

Thought I would start us off on another week. Countdown for Pati and Dave. What was that story in the Free Press about the couple who were "irate" because of a 13 hour delay in coming home from Cuba? I can only read headlines now (I could pay but who wants to do that?)  Hope this doesn't affect your plans, Pati.
Just came in from walking the dog to the Lottery Store - the temps are nicer now - about minus 4 right now so I don't worry so much about taking her for a longer walk.  I won three free plays and two dollars on sat night with Ontario 49 draw, so I didn't have to pay anything to buy a ticket for Wed night draw.  I have changed my "m.o." again, and now only buying the Ontario only tickets ie Ontario 49, and Lottario.  Hoping it will kick start a wave of wonderful wins...haha
I have been sewing regularly each day, and now have a little topper (called cake crumb mug) about 16 inches diameter done. It is in Christmas fabric with a pinwheel center and square in a square corners with settling triangles . And I have it sandwiched now, and intend to practice quilting on the machine. If it turns out OK, then I shall try to quilt the larger Flying geese topper that I also have sandwiched and ready to go.
Another "me" event I have started is to play the piano each day. I have cleaned it off and made it accessible. I was playing Amazing Grace this morning (awful though it was haha). 
Well, the kettle has boiled so I shall make my pot of earl grey, and see about that quilting. I watched a VHS video that came with my machine (2003 that was!) I was amazed at all the machine can do, and that I have not being doing, or even aware of. It gave me new inspiration and desire to learn more and play with it more. 
Take care. Are you in Winnipeg now, Cathy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment