Thursday, March 21, 2019

Appreciate suggestions...

In order to get the Costco Winter Sales discount on the GM lease I had to pay for another year membership with Costco. The gift card was part of the bonus with the offered Winter Sale Discount and included the need for me to do an interview to complete a Survey with them. 
Now I am preparing a list for our visit to the Store and I have mostly written down those items which you mentioned Pati were of value. As much as I would love to get meat and baked goods, I do NOT have the freezer space. Nor would I be able to consume lots of fresh vegetables as I know the packages are mostly in larger quantities, such as lettuce etc.
Just waiting for the forecast 'rain" to arrive for overnight - hoping the temperature hovering around the freezing mark will turn it to snow and I will not have to set up the pump outside, but I have it at the ready just in case.
Can you believe I am reading a Clive Cussler novel (Oregon Files series) from the Library. I went in and browsed for all the authors and titles I had written down that you folks have offered to me but the Library had none and then I looked at the new arrivals and settled on this book just to take something home to read.  I always enjoyed the stories from the Oregon Files and being a new publication l knew I had not read it before.
Yesterday thank goodness I spotted our old metal shed at the back of the yard was crinkling a bit at the top from snow buildup on it's far side - could only spot it from the road when I took the dog for a walk - so I immediately had to get out there with a shovel and ice chipper and had one h... of a time trying to clean it off - almost impaled myself on the tomato cages I had stored along it's far side and the snow was so deep I was sinking down to my knees. But my need to save the shed (and all that is in it) was paramount so I prevailed .....yeah for me !!  Do I hear you clapping for me?
Well, time to close up shop for another day. A Lady called us from the pet store today in North Bay about buying a budgie as the owner there and here in Sundridge run both stores and knew we had a million of the birds - I decided that since she only wanted one, and I would have to pack it up and haul it to North Bay -I would decline.  After all, when we wanted a bird, we went to the Pet Store and bought one - we did not go after someone who would give us one!  Oh well.....take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment