Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Be careful what you wish for-----

We've been to Costco a couple of times.  Does the card come with a membership?  First time we went to look around, and spend over $400.  Almost as much the second time.  I went wild buying large containers of OTC meds and supplements that we both take.  Fantastic prices.  Prescriptions there are also much cheaper.  As are eye glasses and hearing aids.  Cleaning products are great there.  Do you see the trend here?  Products with long shelf lives are well worth looking at.  The caution is with food.

We bought some wonderful food in case lots, and then had a very difficult time using it up.  That is a real danger.  I still have csome canned soup in the basement. Sprague Vegetable soup with Lentils--I really enjoy it--periodically. Meats are good quality and very well priced--if you have freezer room.  Bakery goods are excellent, but only come in huge packages. I really like the Banana Bread with Walnuts.  When we buy it, it gets cut into slices and frozen for munchies, and when I know I have to serve tea to visitors.  Again, fresh fruits and veggies were well priced, but not displayed attractively.  Still very good quality. They have some very interesting packaged, prepared foods. Mind boggling variety.  More costly than suits me, but with lots of tasty fat and sugar.  Whenever we've been, B-B-Q'd whole chicken has been very attractively priced, and tasted wonderful--but read the ingredients carefully.  They have usually been injected with sugar water to make them more tender.

Well, today is "work party" day.  We're both sitting here over breakfast procrastinating a bit with it.  I have added "culling book shelves" to the list.  I can no longer get books out of, and then back into the book shelves downstairs.  the ones up here have been pretty well gone through recently.

so, at least, I will have some interesting reading to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment