Monday, March 18, 2019

Several days of celebration

Lots of good food.  But now it's over.  I told Loren yesterday that my "tantrum" about organizing every body else's birthday celebrations for over 50 years, while no-one organized one for me( or rarely did anyone do it) was over.  This year turned out to be a bit of a "blow out".  We started Wednesday, continued Thursday, and finished yesterday.  I sure can't complain about that!

Today David was up early and took the car in.  I don't expect him to get home for about an hour, as he will have to wait for the shuttle service from the Body shop.  Then we can start four days of spring cleaning.  We also bought some hamburger yesterday, so will be making some spaghetti sauce and Chili today.  Except we forgot to pick up onions.  This means a walk over to the Giant Tiger store at the mall as soon as it opens.  Later, I'll have to walk over to the library, which doesn't open until 1:00, as I'm out of books.

Never heard of Spaghetti Pie.   How did it turn out and what is it?

Tomorrow is I'm getting together with a couple of members of the Embroiderers' Guild, for a "Stitch In", and will need some hand stitching to do.  I plan to put together the beginnings of a small bag ( from a video on Design Matters tv,) with my needle felter later today, to finish with hand stitching while I'm out tomorrow.  I'm sort of looking forward to that.  It may turn into a sale-able item that I can use for the one craft sale I may be invited to next Christmas.

Otherwise, I have a lengthy list of household projects to keep us both busy for the next four days.  One of which is to wash all of the kitchen chairs.  I dust them periodically, but now I notice they need a good wash.  I have shelves to clean and floors to wash, walls to wash and cupboards to sort out.  I don't think I'll get bored while we're stuck at home for four days.  But, if worse comes to worst,  Autopac will cover the cost of taxis.

No comments:

Post a Comment