Wednesday, March 27, 2019

"...to Costco we did go..."

....to Costco we did go...and Beth bought herself a banana nut loaf!!
I took note of all your comments about Costco and did my best to make it a positive experience. I think I did well but sure if I could have shopped a bit slower, and able to cost check more carefully I might have done even better. It would take another visit or two to get the hang of it I guess, but then I am not sure I would really want to shop there too often. We found the store without issue in Orillia (south of here ) OK although we were there too early and sat in the parking lot until the store opened at 10 am. No problem getting a good parking spot though haha! But I still have $$ on the gift card so I must be sure to take full advantage of that bonus.
The snow seems to be gradually melting when the sun comes out and it is "gradual" that we need - not fast. The neighbours Ruth and Gerd across the street have tapped their Maple tree in their front yard as they do every year and I stood there with Bailey yesterday and watched the sap drip.. drip.. drip into their buckets. One year they gave us a bottle of their own syrup which was really nice.
I am trying to organize our Income Tax papers in order to take to the Accountant but found one piece missing - a call to the Bank resulted in a need to wait for at least two to three weeks for one T4Rif to be mailed to me -so I will not be able to get the taxes done as early as I had hoped. I always want to get that issue managed early to see what the "insult" will be.
So this morning I have many chooses for my breakfast from our shopping trip. I bought a big container of little on the vine tomatoes thinking that I should be able to eat them up fast enough - so a bagel sandwich sounds good right now.  And Pati I already tried a piece of the loaf and it is much bigger than I thought so I see now I will have to try to freeze some. 
BTW - One the way home we stopped at The Candy Store - a specialty store full of all sorts of treats. I bought myself some licorice lozenges (always loved these), some chocolate covered raisins, and yoghurt covered raisins and a bag of jujubes. So I am in heaven haha! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment