Monday, March 11, 2019

Monday and March Break

Anyone know what this message is about cookies and do we need to change anything in the blog or logon? I do NOT understand....

Nothing really different for us related to March Break anymore except there are lots of kids wandering around during the day.
Saturday was glorious with sunny skies, borderline freezing temperatures and the main road was awash with water runoff streaming down the street towards the lake. And people were out enjoying whatever they had their mind to do and people were happy and smiling. And Harry was on the roof shoveling more snow just in his long sleeved shirt and I was on the ground shoveling the snow and not minding the weather at all haha!
Then Sunday came with snow, freezing rain, gusty winds and generally a real "downer". The temperature though, remained just under the freezing mark which was good. And then this morning just the same - so much more snow over night. The plough just went by and there is another huge pile at the end of the driveway to remove. What is going on.....?
Harry brought home a bread maker from the dump on Sat - he tried it with two loaves of bread neither of which turned out great so Sunday I had to try it and mine (cinnamon raisin) also did not turn out great. Harry thinks it is the yeast we used but even so, I used some new yeast I had for mine and it was still heavy . I just made some toast and it is ok to eat but not really wonderful.
And with the milder temperatures I had forgotten about the box of homemade sausage I had outside - in winter when it is cold the outdoor freezer is useful. I quickly retrieved the box and fortunately they were still frozen solid so I made room in the freezers inside which are really at capacity now. And I had to cook one package for supper, that I couldn't squeeze into the freezer.
Tomorrow we go to Harry's Dr appointment for 9 am and then down to Huntsville to shop. I shall look closer at the clothes in the Thrift Store and hope to catch a bargain. If that skirt I told you about is still there, I may just buy it.
But for now on with the day and week. I missed watching the last episode on the The Quilt Show so do not know if I missed much, but for sure I must watch the current one. I usually watch it within the first week of publishing but with our lack of internet and then all the fussing with home stuff, it completely missed my attention. I have been watching your Blog Pati to see if you get any comments for suggestions for your dyed fabric pieces - did you get any by email?
So take care all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment