Monday, March 25, 2019

Lucked in at the library

We quite by accident discovered the latest Mark Pryor novel "The Book Artist.  Of course I grabbed it and spent the last couple of days reading it.  Well satisfied.  Now I've moved on to one of the earlier Helen Field  D.I. Callanach novels "Perfect Prey".  I almost hate finishing one of these very readable books, knowing I then have to search another one out.

An excellent luncheon yesterday, marred by a restaurant that appeared to be out of everything.  Three of the six of us couldn't
get what we wanted.  But we did exchange ATC's and welcomed a new member.  They have another luncheon scheduled for next month, but on a day for which I have another commitment.

I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Too much pain and general discomfort.  Also because it looks like I gave up my duvet a little prematurely.  After some really warm days and a very fast melt, ( the river is breaking up at Selkirk), it's now down to double digits at night.  Mind you, I was absolutely exhausted yesterday, and spent the evening curled up in my chair, under a quilt, watching a documentary on Prince Charles, followed by two home improvement shows.  Not really my taste at all but I must have been dozing off, because I barely remember any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment