Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Is Spring actually coming....

Is it the first day of spring really???? So there is hope I think as the temperatures are starting to rise somewhat and besides, I bought a new light jacket at the Thrift Store yesterday to brighten my spirits. It is aqua and lime green - you should be able to see me all the way from here to there haha!
And I bought a new (to me) yoghurt - an Activia but it is prune flavoured. I have never seen this before and took a bit once I got home and it is quite nice. One never knows what is out there right? 
By the way , Pati I am surprised as well that you were able to get your car back sooner, but that's good for you. Maybe you were not meant to do all that house work?? Take it as a "sign".
Mike called last evening all excited because he had just made a spaghetti pie and put it in the oven - he had gone on line to find a recipe once I had described it to him. So folks, you may be wondering if you haven't gone on to check yourselves. There are all sorts of recipes to choose from but mine was very simple and came from "Taste of Home".  It is made with spaghetti mixed with egg whites and parmesan cheese spread on the bottom and sides of a deep dish pie plate. Then covered with a layer of cottage cheese and then a ground beef mixture made with beef, tomatoes, onions peppers and spices, etc, and then covered with mozzarella cheese to melt on top at end of baking. The spaghetti makes a soft textured crust like bottom which surprised me, but in all, it was quite palatable.  I shall make it again. 
And I apologize for the link I sent to you on the Karakoram Highway. It was NOT what I had watched and NOT at all what I had wanted you to see of this absolute spectacular man made structure covering the route from China to Pakistan through the Himalaya Mountains. So sorry.
So I received my gift card from Costco in the mail - $500.00 - and now Harry wants to drive south to Orillia to go to the new Costco store just opened there. I have to find a map for directions but I expect we shall be going next week sometime. 
Time to face the day.....Hope all is well. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment