Wednesday, July 21, 2021

A mid week note...

 It always feels as if we are in groundhog day mode - every day seems to be the same. Garden work, rain, or hot and humid. We have had several bad rain storms in last week - again yesterday with so much rain and really heavy at times. And the forest fires have created a hazy mood with the sun being obliterated to a huge red ball in the sky. Although, today is clear and we took the dogs again to the park for an early morning walk. Surprised how clear the sky is today so maybe that storm yesterday did that to clear the smoke away? But the situation across Canada ( indeed around the world) feels dire. And yet some still deny and they say that climate change is a hoax?

The tomatoes are starting to pile up in the bowl here in the kitchen so I will soon have to do something with them instead of just eating them by the handfull haha! What i do like though are the cucumbers that are growing well. This year we planted them differently and staked them up so they could climb and it made a real difference. I am still loving my little round tortillas with mixed veg and cheese and fried nicely in the pan and I thank you Pati for that suggestion. Are you still making yours? 

I was excited to check my ticket for Lotto Max on Saturday and see that of my own chosen numbers (not quick pick) I had 4 right and thought,  boy out of 6 numbers I must have won at least a million $$$ but surprise, it turned out to be only $20.00 haha! But it was a win so I was happy with that. Last night apparently someone in Ontario took the pot, Funny to think that my life of dreams and adventure focuses only on the weekly lottery draws. Poor me !

So off to another day. I have been enjoying using my new vacuum ( as I said, I have little to excite me haha!) and since it actually works well, I do not mind vacuuming now. I would put it off before because it did not make any difference. There are red currants to pick and although I would leave them for the birds Harry thinks we should make juice, so perhaps i will tackle them today? The raspberries are also beckoning me to pick and eat. Can't go wrong with that either. Take care folks, and hope your days are exciting....Take time to sit and make a cup of tea today and we will pretend we are together OK....💓😂  

No comments:

Post a Comment