Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Where did the week go?

 My problem with the sun lasted until Monday evening.  I have little memory of Sunday and Monday, except that I sat a read, and sat and ate--a lot.  But about supper time Monday, my brain fog suddenly disappeared, and I was alert and ready to boogie.  Yesterday I managed some studio time, and got the most recent quilt machine quilted ready to bind.  Even more exciting, I got the walking foot onto the machine with the first attempt-just slipped on in under a minute.  Up until now this job has taken 15-20 minutes and lots of bad words.  Made a trip to the library and for coffee, but no sitting in the garden--the smoke is just too much.

During the night, we had rain and are having it again this morning.  I hope that it takes some of the smoke out of the air.  It's hard on David's lungs, and I'm finding out not good for my own.  But the rain is wonderful for so many reasons, and only bad in terms of the mosquitoes that will result.

Beth, we have one small tomato sitting on the counter, and have eaten another small one.  No more showing colour outside. Just sayin".

Up early today for a 9:00 Zoom meeting, that occurs once a month.  Now I've finished my tea, and will be heading to the studio again, but for the first time in the morning, after a month or more.  So things are looking up.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment