Sunday, July 11, 2021

Has life become slothful?

 Maybe it's the result of the pills, but I seem to have stopped worrying about anything.  Yes, the housework is suffering, but the house doesn't appear much the worse for it.  I have  list of things that need doing, and a space on my BuJo for it, but am happy to get one item done per week.  David is doing more, and I very much appreciate that, but feel guilty, just the same.  Not too guilty, though.  I'm quite happy to  sit in the garden, when it's not too hot, and don't worry about having a book to read--which is very much not like me.  I've always had a book on the go, since I was a child.  I even used to read the back of cereal boxes, when Mom wouldn't let me take a book to the table.  So, while my outlook has changed, has it really changed for the better?  I do have to admit that I'm learning a lot by watching episodes of Time Team.

My productivity has lessened, in the studio, as well.  But I'm not really worried about that.  I'm on my 6th charity quilt ( see other blog), and have 2-3 at the back of my mind.  This is getting rid of a lot of fabric, but with minimal creativity.  But, I am learning to use my new sewing machine.  Still, it makes me happy, even if I only get 1-2 hours, and not every day.  So I'm complaining a lot, but have to admit that life is good right now.  Maybe I just have to have a serious talk with myself, and keep my thoughts to myself--or not.😄

Tomorrow I get a haircut.  This is wonderful, and well past time.  It isn't with my usual hairdresser, but I can't worry about that.  I fully plan to stop for coffee on the way home, as a way to celebrate.  But for now, I plan to sweep the kitchen floor, and then head for my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment