Saturday, July 31, 2021

Rain and more rain here

 With all the news about drought in Manitoba and Prairies and another heat wave in BC, it is odd for us to be getting so much rain. Right now it is raining again - just a gentle, soft rain that probably is good for the garden, and not a concern for pumping at front etc. but not good if one wishes to be outside to work. So it is inside work today. I just finished cleaning all the bird cages which I started in the morning but because of several other interruptions has taken me until now to complete. I have the animals to feed yet and the rabbits to do but my plan is to retire early and read. Hope it comes to that haha!  Lately I have been watching an episode of Time Team each night or thereabouts, and really enjoy that show. It sort of takes you away from the "now" and allows you to escape into the world of archeology and the times and events of the past. Very much a fun time spent and interesting.

Long weekend usually means lots of traffic and people so I chose to stay at home. Except we took the dogs to the park for their early morning walk as usual - there were two other vehicles there - one couple putting kayaks into the water and then paddled away. I do not think I would ever kayak as it looks a little too close to the water and not too stable. Harry was off to his garage sales this morning as well. 

Are you watching any of the Olympics on TV? I hear the results on the radio which is just fine for me. I worry about the Covid and what actually may happen when all is said and done. The news around Canada is so mixed one does not know what to do anymore. I still wear my mask and keep a distance from people best i can. Harry said not one person was wearing a mask at any of the sales he went to. Scary!

So have a nice long weekend folks and be safe if you are out and about. Hoping that you will get some rain. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment