Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Hair--not the musical!

 So glad you mentioned hair, Beth.  I've been procrastinating about making an appointment, as I'm half liking my longer hair, and think I've maybe found a style that might be easier to look after.  But after reading your words, I realized that I could have the style I want with much shorter hair and be much happier.  I haven't dyed my hair in a couple of years, and it's still  mostly brown, although the grey is creeping in, especially around my face.  It sounds as though you and I may not have inherited the black Irish hair of the McGraths, but have inherited the gene for keeping our brown hair well into our 70's.  I can't speak for any McGraths other than Dad and Auntie Lorrain, but they were both still Salt and Peppery well into their 80's.  How about you, Cathy? I'm just glad not to have inherited Mom's multi-coloured grey, white, brown, and red hair, with the texture of bailing wire, although the white stipes high on the temples, are starting to show up.😠

Beth, you say you would rather be grey than white, but I've often thought the opposite.  I've seen so many stunning styles for pure white hair, many more than for grey.  But--it's wonderful how styles for older woman are being published and acknowledged, and how much more acceptable grey or white hair is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment