Saturday, July 24, 2021

Finally!

 Finally, I've been able to spend time in the studio, and not with "donkey work".  I finished the last charity quilt on Thursday, with enough time left to turn it into a "wet" studio, and set up for fabric printing on Friday.  While, monitoring the wash, I managed to get out 14 prints, of various sizes and shapes.  I left as much of the set up as possible for further work today.  What a great feeling to finally get into some more creative work.  As usual, I have only vague ideas of what I might do with the finished prints, but today, hope to add another layer of mark making.  It was great to use techniques learned in my various workshops taken during lockdown, and be able to move far beyond the style of printing I did when I first started using the technique, more than 20 years ago.

I mentioned that the last charity quilt has been finished, and have been promising a picture for awhile.  Here it is.  I'm quite taken with this design, and will probably use it again in future.  Like the others, it is about 36" square.  Even after making 7 quilts, I still have a big pile of 4" squares to make use of --some how.


Later today, I'll be joining Gail and another friend for coffee, and tonight my regular Saturday night tv shows are on.  Unfortunately, I seem to be having some trouble hand stitching, so will have to take a break from that, but there is a lot of cutting to be done for my big project, so I'll keep busy.

I'm even feeling good enough to take an interest in housework--not a very active interest, but an interest none the less.  I have a master list of chores that need doing, and aim at doing at least one a week, but the list never seems to get any shorter.  Funny about that.

And on with the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment