Saturday, July 17, 2021

Too hot!

 Today was very different.  We were up before 8:00, and off to the Farmers' Market, arriving before 9:00.  We wanted to be early, as the day was predicted to be hot, and we want to avoid the latter part of the day.  We also wanted to buy some nice veggies.  Gail had a booth there, but the layout demanded one way traffic, with lots of physical distancing.  Just before getting to Gail's booth, there was a booth offering cold brew coffee--for a price. I knew that, if made properly, it was labour intensive, so didn't get too excited at the price, as it was a good sized paper cup.  I was very thirsty, so bought one, but then they only filled it half way!  Anyway, I sat with Gail for a bit, while I drank my coffee, and David went off to buy more veggies.  Then he sat with Gail, while I bought some cookies.  We were there for a little more than an hour, and then headed to Tim's for a quick breakfast.  By the time we got home I was feeling poorly, and the coffee was upsetting my stomach.  

Soon after we got home, The fellow who had done our patio showed up to fix the cinder block edging around the Cherry bushes.  I managed to stay up until he had been paid, and then went to bed for over 2 hours.  All the time in the house, I just couldn't cool down, even with the A/C, and electric fans in strategic places.  By about 4:00, I was feeling cooler, but still feeling a little "rocky", so have spent the rest of the afternoon sitting quietly, with David, while he watched the Calgary Stampede.  I blame that darn coffee.  I can still taste it!

So now a supper of freshly cooked baby beets and canned salmon, and then my usual Saturday night tv shows.  Another excuse to sit quietly.  Maybe tomorrow will be better, but I'll try a little harder to keep out of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment