Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Great pleasure for me

 Must tell you how much I have enjoyed the last few postings from you both. Memories and pictures and such a good feeling all around. I must learn how to post pictures to this blog as i would love to share some of the garden and special little areas where i seek solace from time to time. I shall prevail....

We are hot and humid but I dare say not as hot as you folks have been so perhaps the Heat Dome has dissipated?  

We survived the Car Parade we attended on Sunday to celebrate Harry's sister Donna's grandson Zander's first birthday. The family went "all out" for this poor little guy. But then that is their choice. The Facebook is always full of pictures of him and the events and I wonder at the correctness of parents doing this to their kids without their permission. Am i just an old fuddy duddy and not living with the times? 

Yesterday I was consumed with memories from our past prompted by both of your messages. I took a long time to try to reconcile my delight in those readings, with the reality of my today's life and to tell the truth i have not yet reconciled that. I have pictures of Pati and I sitting in the laundry tubs - i shall dig them out and send it I can.

I have had my hair cut as of Saturday and cannot described my joy with short hair. i had long hair for so long that at some point I had accepted my fate and resolved to keep it long but I quickly changed my mind when the hairdresser announced her opening. i cannot be more happy now. i am destined to have short hair for the sheer pleasure of being able to manage it without fuss! How about you folks? One thing is for certain though, my hair is turning grey rather quickly. I am not used to seeing grey in my hair and prided myself on still being brown for so many years. So if that is the state of affairs for me, i would like to be grey and NOT white. What are you hair current colours?

Well, time to put the house to bed. Like you have mentioned many times, both of you, I am not sleeping well at night. At one time I had pills to take to help me, but since they did nothing I stopped them years ago. I wonder if it is worth pursuing again?

Take care folks...i still follow all the guidelines for Covid even with my second dose of vaccination - my 14 days are up July 12 but we have so many summer tourist here in Sundridge that I really do not want to take a chance.What i hear on the news scares me with all the "openness" and people taking full advantage of it. Be safe...☺

No comments:

Post a Comment