Friday, March 5, 2010

Be - Chinese, eh?

Great to hear that your day was as planned and that Patty, you were able to join Cathy on her Birthday. I believe that I ate at a Chinese restaurant with you in Neepawa once - was it the same restaurant where you went today? Did you get cake?
Now you can relax Cathy and enjoy the rest of your time off albeit even if it did age you by a year! Speaking of your card that I sent - did you notice that the box number was wrong - I wondered if the Post Office would put it into YOUR box anyway, or whether I would receive it back undelivered. It is a long story that I won't get into to, but once it was mailed I realized I had put 830 instead of 813.
I really overspent $$ yesterday but glad of it - I have been using an old broken electric coffee percolator and always hoping it would work as I really enjoy that first cup of coffee in the morning- several times it did not perc right and when I poured into my cup it was only a beige looking liquid. At Christmas I noticed that the grocery store was selling the same type of machine but at the time resisted the temptation to get one as they were a bit pricey. Alas, I gave in - went to the store to ask if they still had them, and did not give it a second thought - home it came. We should not feel bad about splurging on ourselves, should we? However I was feeling a bit guilty because last week we bought a 6 foot long folding table at Canadian Tire - it was on sale and I had been wanting to get one for a long time in order to use for sewing and cutting fabric. It is perfect to set up and take down whenever I want and is very sturdy while up - so much better than the card table with wobbly legs that I have been forced to use up until now.
Off to the library again this morning and this time I took out TWO books instead of the usual one. Two new authors from my now infamous list that I carry with me, and both large print! Life can't get any better!
Well, time to walk the dog, and then get busy with a new book before bed - nothing on TV of interest - maybe I did enjoy the Olympics more than I let on? At least for two weeks straight I knew there was something to watch at any time of the day or night haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment