Sunday, March 21, 2010

Up Early

Today is the AGM of the Artists's Co-op. Supposedly, it's the end of my term as Board Chair, but there doesn't appear to be anyone to step in and take over. The vice-Chair took no active role and has now resigned her membership. We have a speaker, then our meeting, a catered lunch, and then a show of members work, until 4:30. Do you think anyone is going to show up for a talk on marketing at 10:00 on a Sunday, in Beausejour?

No little girls tonight. We have the little straw hats for them, but that will have to wait a week. so, after all of our adventures, it sure seems quiet around here. I've been puttering in the studio, and actually produced a couple of small pieces, but when I go back the next day, I realize that they aren't really worth pursuing and I just put them away. I got a "Call for Entry" yesterday that is piqueing my interest, but I'm not sure where it may go. I have taken a class from the juror, and know that abstract rather than representational work is more to her taste. And she is very much a traditional artist. The theme is "Stone Age", which is driven by a decision to move a very ancient, large rock that is in the way of the construction of the new Southwood Golf Course. This rock shows evidence of being a buffalo rubbing rock and even to have been an ancient place of gathering and worship. But, of course, a golf course is more important. Anyway, the rock is being moved to the St. Norbert Arts Centre, and an juried art show is being held to honour the occasion. I would very much love to have a piece accepted into the show, but of course, think I'm not worthy. Have to get over that somehow, especially when I think of the time and effort I've spent gathering images of rocks and rock faces--stuff I've done nothing with, so far. Whatever I produce would have to be somewhat different than the " Rockface--Kenora By-pass" that I have developed and planned and stuck on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment