Friday, March 12, 2010

Cast Gone!

Took Loren in to the hospital yesterday and his cast is gone. He's still on crutches for another two weeks( at least), but with gradual weight bearing ( as tolerated) He has execises to do, and still can't drive. He says that there is a screw that will likely have to be removed. It's quite low in the leg and will probably interfere with his ankle movement if left there.

Darren is off to some sort of trade show in the States--Chicago, I think-- for the next few days. His expenses are covered but he is not being paid anything. Tough times! Anyway, Amber has invited us over for supper on Saturday--except we have to supply the food! It means we have a chance to see the children, but they'll be in their own home, so it may work out better this way. This suits me fine as tomorrow I'm off to a quilt guild meeting for most of the day. The meeting is in the morning, but I'm teaching in the afternoon. It's an informal, drop-in type of workshop so I have no idea how many students may show up. I'm hoping it will give me a chance to test some ideas I have for a class I'm trying to put together.

And what are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment