Friday, March 26, 2010

Be - I am so cold....I'm actually shivering

What happened to all the beautiful weather we had for weeks on end?? We knew the temperatures would change but now that it has, I don't like it. Yesterday after coming home from Mothers we spent the next 6 hours carrying potted plants from the two greenhouses into the house. We still did not empty the greenhouses but brought into the house most of the really good plants eg tomatoes reaching a foot or more in growth with buds. We had heaters going in both greenhouses and I covered each the best I could with sheets for overnight. While indoors every available space - tables, TV tables, bed, counters etc are covered with plants - perhaps we would be considered a "grow-op"? For the next few days at least the plants will remain indoors - the others in the greenhouses survived last night and I have just put them all to bed again hoping the frost will not take it's toll tonight. I did not open the greenhouses up at all today hoping the sun would keep a bit of heat so the heaters could maintain for overnight. How many more months until they can be planted into the gardens?
I bought a Lotto Max ticket for tonight - only one ticket though as they cost five dollars each and I think that is a lot to throw away. But then, maybe we could win and we can all take my across Canada train trip that I dream about all the time. Why do all the really big bills come at once this time of year eg Income Taxes, Property taxes, Insurance renewals etc. And I need to change from winter tires to summer tires but need to be able to buy 2 new summer tires before I can get that done.
For Easter both Harry's brother and wife from Kirkland Lake, and his sister and family from Huntsville will be at Mothers for Dinner on the Sunday which Harry and I will make as usual. Harry has planned ham, and scalloped potatoes for the main meal but we also have to be at Mothers to make lunch and supper for the Saturday when his brother arrives. It makes for a busy, hectic weekend. But someone has to do it for Mother and the others do not participate in her care like Harry does.
Well, as I sit here shivering, I think it is time to bundle up into jammies and do some reading before bedtime. Nothing much on TV these days. Last Saturday night I stayed up until 10 pm to watch Spectacle with Elvis Costello, but I do not know if it is on again tomorrow night. I like that show for some reason - probably because I can relate to the music and conversation.
Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment