Monday, March 29, 2010

Be - So much to worry about...

Gosh, the news doesn't sound too happy from you folks there. Lots of sickness and this is always very unsettling for those directly involved and often unable to help in any meaningful manner short of hauling back and forth to ER? I guess it is true that time is the healer in these cases of cold and flu, but as we get a bit older it seems to take a harder toll on our poor old bodies. I'm hoping that Dave is on the mend now and that you, Patty do not get any worse. Take care of yourselves!
Not too much news from this end - to Mothers today again, and then this afternoon hauled plants back from inside the house to the greenhouses. The weather is improving and looks fairly mild for the next week so we take another chance with the plants. Except something is eating them in the greenhouses - found two mice or moles by chance drowned in a bucket of water and then we set mouse traps in both greenhouses but nothing caught yet. Still have lots of plants left indoors and will hope to tranfer them all by the next few days.
I have been travelling in the back seat of Harry's van these last few days because the seat belt in the front passenger seat decided not to work and left me caught in the seat unable to wiggle out. Actually I did manage to wiggle out of the seat - we stopped at the Tims in Burk's Falls on way to Mothers, and I crawled out of the belt. But as I tried to get back in and pretend to put the belt across my lap, two Police men (OPP) came by to go into Tim's and watched us struggling with the belt. So I could not pretend and had to make a show of getting out of the van and getting in the back seat. Harry took the van to the dealers but they have to order in a new part so until then, I get chauffered around.
Well, time to go and put the greenhouses to bed for the night ( heaters on and tape around the doors) and get ready for bed myself. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment