Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best laid plans etc....

Well, I wasn't able to connect with Dianne about visiting today, but I arranged to go out to Amber's for supper--provided I took food. Later in the evening, I was feeling like I had the same cold, and David was looking particuarly rough, so I called and cancelled. David had a very bad night, and when he heard me up to the bathroom about 7:00 he called and--finally--agreed to go to the hospital. So he is now at Concordia being treated for what is probably pneumonia. They have him on a medicated mask and Lasix, and it may take awhile to settle him down. So I'm at home worrying instead of sitting by the bedside bored out of my tree. That way I have a chance to do dishes, and wash sheets etc. One of the problems with being female is that there is always someone sicker than you are.

I'm sorry to hear about your volunteer issues, Cathy, but, as you said, you had a hunch she would walk. I just hope you can replace her, even if it takes more than one person. That may turn out to be more of an issue than the negotiations you had been involved in with the one who left. I'm glad you took the time to look after yourself. The older I get the more I realize that keeping going takes time and effort, over and above the actual task at hand. We all need more "down" time and every effort requires a longer period of "recovery"--even if that"recovery" is more psychological than physical.

Amber was teling me about a tv show she watched--Jamie Oliver?? Where he had taken fresh vegetables into schools and most of the children had no idea what they were. They couldn't even identify a tomato. She is having trouble with the girls not eating "properly", and trying to figure out how to re-train them. As well, the little one refuses--absolutely refuses--to have anything to do with the "potty". This kid changes her own diapers--yes, she does. Gee, I'm glad my kids are grown up and all I have to worry about is broken legs.

I spent yesterday feverishly stitching away at my last project for the show tomorrow. I was so close to being finished that I kept going even though my hands were very, very sore. About 10:00 I realized that I had stitched it together upside down. So today, I have to start over again. At least I can do that upstairs, so that I can keep an eye on David, providing they let him come home. Until then, I sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment