Friday, May 7, 2010

Be - About weather...again...

Wonder why weather plays such an important role in my life?? Probably because all of what I do focuses on the weather, the garden, the plants, the greenhouses, the weather etc etc. We are under a severe snow watch with expectations of about 10 to 15 cm of snow by tomorrow night. Oh boy! At least my new tent will get the advantage of the "snow test" since it passed the "rain test" with flying colours.
I got my bike as far as the front yard so far - not on the road yet but it is getting closer. I need to pump up the tires and check the brakes etc but need a bit of time, and some nice weather. There's that weather word again.....
My rhubarb seems to be growing much better this year - this patch has been babied along for about five years without any good results but I actually think I may get at least one cutting for a pie or cake ( if it doesn't freeze with the snow) Mike loves rhubarb pie ( Mom's recipe from home) and I always try to make one for his birthday every year. But this year at birthday time he will be at the G8 Summit with the security forces - he leaves for CFB Borden to train on June 3. So I will try to sneak a pie in before he leaves even if I have to use some of Mothers rhubarb to bake it.
Well, Happy Mother's Day to both of you - hope you have a nice day, or at least a pleasant day, or maybe an hour on your own? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment