Saturday, May 15, 2010

Be - I hear you...

... together we could have a pasture full of horses, eh?
Today I attended a Memorial Service for a previous coworker / Case Manager who died April 19. He was one of the Case Managers that I managed in the Burk's Falls Office with my work at the CCAC. He retired in February 2007 and is now dead. He was also the Case Manager for Mother at the time so visited at her place for reassessments with Harry. The Service was excellent, with many, many of the "old" gang there it was more like a reunion but yet so very appropriate for this person. It is hard to describe this person adequately for you to get a picture of him but suffice to say his two ex wives nursed him to his death, and the husband of one of his exwives was the Master of Ceremonies for this service. I was given two boxes after the ceremony containing model aircraft and a model of the Enterprise from Star Trek that he had made. The one model aircraft was one he was making for me at the time we worked together - a replica of a DHC Beaver - but he never gave it to me because he was not pleased with the paint job - he was described as a perfectionist and that description was true - so now I have the model - perfect or not! Inspite of the nature of the gathering, it was nice for me to renew acquaintances with many of the people whom I have not seen for years. Of course my old "boss" was there but I behaved wonderfully well and was very sociable and polite inspite of feeling otherwise.
I never thought about Tim and Mady being there the same time as I invited myself Cathy - I could always have you help me put up my tent in your backyard, haha! I think it would be marvelous to celebrate your anniversary with our family in attendance - I am looking forward to it. As long as you and I do not have to make that horrible lasagna OK? Lets stick to hot dogs and hamburgers - that I can handle better. And I am anxious to have a "fire" if conditions allow. We are still under a strict fire ban in our area but I expect everyone is experiencing very dry conditions with so little rain and moisture. The excitement is building with thoughts of my trip - they say the "journey" (anticipation) is always greater than the destination. I think that is so very true.
Anyway - must go - as you say Cathy, life goes on.... Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment