Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Friendship

Beth, I'm really glad to hear you are keeping up with your friend, Sue. This sort of thing can be such a support in our lives, even if they only serve as a diversion from the reality. This is how I sometimes feel about Dianne. Her life is so very different from mine, but we're able to meet in the middle and support each other in whatever we do.

Saturday evening my temporary bridge broke , and I was without a front tooth until this morning. The technician who took the two remaining pieces off said that they would have fallen off within the next couple of days anyway. I had called yesterday and made an appointment for 11:30 today, as David was taking the car in for an oil change. Well, he got home at 10:10 and they called at 10:15 and said get over here now. (I was still in my nightie.) I made it, and they have built a whole new temporary bridge, much heavier and more durable than the other. The socket is still not completely healed, so they want me to wait for the appointment I had scheduled to finish up the work and get the permanent bridge. I still believe I made the right decision in having the temporary bridge instead of a plate with one tooth. That would have stayed in my medicine cabinet for sure.

With the oil change, David had planned for a "Peace of Mind" inspection, as we'd been advised that our warrrantee is up at the end of next month. So we've now spent over $400 on brakes. We knew this was coming up, but didn't expect it to cost quite that much. However, it turns out that it was the factory power train warrantee that is up, the extended warrantee is good for another two years. What a relief! I had thought it was too soon for it to be up. But--so much for my very first Old Age Security cheque.

No comments:

Post a Comment