Sunday, May 9, 2010

Poor Jim!

I didn't realize that he was waiting for surgery. Please pass on my best wishes.

I've never understood why people will sit or stand and wait to hear a band. The music is better on cd etc. A couple of times I've said that I regret not going to hear the Eagles in 1978, but that was an "event"--music had little to do with it. Because I've said that, David has said that we could go to a concert, sometime, of my choosing. I've never come across any on that appeals to me so much that I would allow him to make that supreme sacrifice--and I know it would be.

We finally got out to Tim's on our bikes today. The weather ( there's that word again) has been against us. We have decided that we can't afford to have breakfast there, every day, anymore, but can afford a drink every day. I'm holding out for breakfast on Sundays. LOL I need the exercise, but sure don't like actually doing it.

Loren and the children were over for supper last evening. I had wanted to get the lion out into the garden, but Jeremy isn't strong enough and Loren is not able to help him this year. Loren is still having a lot of pain, and they have decided to remove one of the screws in his leg. The surgery is on an outpatient basis tomorrow. They didn't say anything about him needing a drive home ( local anesthetic). but David is going to drive him anyway--after all it is his right leg.

Daren has a job guiding for the next five weeks, so Amber and the children are alone. For some reason, her sitter isn't available this week, so Grandma has been recruited, for Monday and Tuesday. Monday I just have the little one, as Jessica is at school, but Tuesday I'll have both. Now this is all day, so I expect that Monday and Tuesday evening I will crash as soon as I get home. Too bad, as there is a free workshop on Tuesday about setting up your own web site. This is something I am realizing that I need--the sooner the better. But I figure I'll be so wiped out that there will be no point in even trying to attend. The rest of the week will be better. David and Gail are going down to the lake on Wednesday to look around, and plan whatever maintenance will be necessary this year. I think the only project they are considering is moving the outhouse. but this means that I will have time alone in my own house--something that rarely happens. For some reason, I have several creative ideas floating around in my head, and want to get to them. I'm finally working on my rock face piece. This will keep me busy for awhile, but I also have two boxes in mind. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally have an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment