Thursday, May 20, 2010

The big day is here--almost

This morning I go to have the impressions taken for my permanent fake teeth. The temporary ones have been replaced three times. He did such a god job last time--probably because he was pissed off at seeing me in there yet again--that I think he may have to use explosives to get them off. But probalby not as he's got to put them back on after he takes the impressions. I will be so glad when this is over. The only bad part about it is that I'll actually have to give him money next week. lol

We're faced with having to make some hard decisions about the garden. The young fellow across the back has dug the garden for us--did a great job of it getting rid of all of the weeds etc--including my daisies and iris. But now we have to put something in there. It's really in a poor location with not enough sun light, and difficult work in because the apple tree is too close. As well, the side garden where we had to Hellebore now needs attention. We had thought that they might have died because the area was cleaned up too soon, but I've recently been told that the whole city has suffered from excessive winterkill because there was so little snow cover. Certainly our front garden has suffered. So back garden, side garden and front garden--anything else. Oh yes the area beside the garage where we've always had tomatoes. Problems last year with blossom-end rot, and we've been told that we need to put the tomatoes somewhere else this year to get the micro-organisms out of the soil. Thank Goodness we pay someone to spray the lawn--all we have to do is cut that ( The "Royal" we, you understand.)

Lately, I've been reading a borrowed book on fibre art techniques. One suggestion was that I should paint or dye cosmetic pads. These are the ones that you use to clean off make-up. Do you know how absorbant those little suckers are? Slurp! Paint gone! Anyway once I've painted them, and while they are still wet, I'm supposed to tear them apart into layers. Then after these are all dry, I'm supposed to paint them again with "Gel medium" to make them firmer. Imagine trying to paint little pieces of cotton batten with sticky glue. So this is how I spend my time. Life has come to this! Maybe I should be locked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment