Thursday, May 27, 2010

Be - Hot dam and all that jazz....

Well, Patty there is a plus side to all your activities of old age - you actually get out and associate with people. I always love to read your messages and hear about all you do. I am wondering though how you would be able to talk and eat with your new teeth just installed? I expect it would be painful, or was it not?
We had our first rain in weeks this afternoon- it came in the way of a thunder and lightening storm with a torrential downpour as thick as a wall and that lasted for about 30 min. Then the sun came back on and it was as if nothing had happened. I was in the process of baking pie and cake and cookies to take to Michael tomorrow. The lights flickered but the hydro stayed on, thankgoodness. We are going to celebrate his birthday as he will be leaving next week and won't be back for at least a month or for as long as it takes for him to defend the dignitaries at the G8 Summit the end of June. Then he states he will likely be in Petawawa for the summer as the plans are now. So it will likely mean more house and animal sitting for us again.
Same old life here - gardening, plants, Mother, gardening, plants, Mother, and sometimes all at once! We have a Robin nesting in our apple tree at the back of the house. Last year a pair of Blue Jays made the nest and tried to nest in it ( one egg) but the continuous rain drove them to abandon the nest and egg. Harry climbed up and found the poor egg left there. So this year the Robins reconstructed the nest and now I see the mother sitting there patiently - I watched from the window during the rain this afternoon and it just stayed in position during the downpour. I am happy that the rain did not last longer as I feared that it may turn out to be the same scenario as last year.
Well, time to close up shop for another day, and hit the sack. I haven't even been able to do much reading lately as by the time I get to bed, my poor eyes are so tired and sore, that the words on the page are just a big blur.Take care.....

No comments:

Post a Comment