Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Be - Oh my, rain and thunder and lightning

And I was on the highway making my way home from Luncheon in Huntsville. Torrential rains and winds but I was able to stay on the road and thank goodness it was short lived. By the time I arrived home it was sunny - amazing what a difference it makes from one area to another. I enjoyed my day in Huntsville - I had a few errands to do so I went early and did some shopping, etc before meeting Sue at the Swiss Chalet at noon.
Patty, Sue visited the the Textile Museum in Braintree Essex, England on her recent trip overseas in April and brought me a little gift of a greeting card with a small piece of silk adorned with "devore velvet" on the front- it looks like I imagine your felting may look like but then I have not seen your work up close and personal in real. She also included a little writeup about the Textile Artisits group there ".......voluntary organization providing a dynamic, active network where Textile Artists of all disciplines can create, exhibit, educate, improve their own practice and collaborate to promote their art form - To Take Textiles Forward into the mainstream of 21st century art...." Sound familiar to any of your goals and groups? Sue tried to describe some of the works of art at the museum incorporating textiles but said she was just overwhelmed with it all. She also said that she thought of both you and I when she was touring the facility thinking how much we would enjoy being there! Sue is the one who bought a few of your pieces in Wilno.
Well, tomorrow to Mothers again and so on, and so on....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment