Thursday, May 13, 2010

Be - Talking about food and eating again.....

.. just as I grabbed two chocolate chip cookies as I sat down to the computer. And since the rhubarb is ready now, I have baked several kuchens, and of course eaten them. This weekend I make a Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing to take to Mothers on Monday to celebrate her Birthday (Tuesday is her actual birthday and she will turn 97 years) So I have many opportunities not to follow a strict regime and quite frankly anymore, I don't mind in the least. The other day I went into Value Village and bought a new pair of slacks and a blouse for my trip and purposely got a size larger (and also got the 20% Seniors discount). They fit great now and will fit great for my trip!! I made the mistake a few weeks ago of buying two pairs of slacks in a smaller size thinking I could squeeze into them by the time I travel but that won't happen now.
I took my tent down yesterday and packed it all up ready for the trip. It will be a real treat to sleep in this new one - lots of room to move and a bed to lay one! Now, the trick will be for me to put it up again all by myself!
Hope that Jim is back home and on the mend Cathy. I think we forget that each year we get a little bit older and a little less able to handle things the "way we used to". I sure notice it with myself - if I sit in the car for a drive even up to North Bay, when I try to get out my body will hardly move. Just wait until I drive west - you'll have to carry me around everywhere we go haha.
Well, it is raining a little bit right now - we sure need the rain. I put all the plants back into the greenhouses again for the night because it is supposed to be 5 degrees which is not freezing but I don't believe it. It felt cold with a nasty wind just before it started to rain. It froze last night and we weren't expecting it - fortunately all the plants were inside the greenhouses so all was well. I do not want to be the one to make a wrong call, and then lose everything that has been so much a part of my life for the last three months!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment