Friday, May 14, 2010

If wishes were horses...........

Do you ever wish for things that you just don't have. Today I was really wishing for a friend. I wanted someone that I could talk too, and share my feelings with, with no repercussions. Not going to happen, I know. But I really needed a friend today. Oh well, life goes on. Jim wanted to go to meat draw today. I tried to convince him that he should stay home today, since the Snow Birds are here tomorrow, and we have a birthday party to go to. Talk about talking to a brick wall. We went to meat draw. I hope that he is up to going to everything tomorrow. At least I got the office cleaned while he was at the Legion. I still have to mow the lawn, but I tried lifting the lawn mower today, and I am sure I can get it in and out of the van. Of course, I have to put gas in the van before I leave the yard, and the car is out of gas too, and the lawn tractor, and weed whipper and lawn mower......... okay, I admit it.... I am whining.... I just want some sympathy today and there is no one here to pat me on the head and say everything is okay. If you can't bitch to your sisters who else is there!! On another note..... the Neepawa Lily Festival is July 23, 24 & 25 this year... There will be something happening while you are here, Beth. Tim and Mady are coming that weekend, too, but I told Jim that they can start at someone elses house this year. Usually we are the base and they spread out from here. This year they can start somewhere else (yippee) We were talking today about having a supper here on Sunday, the 25th. Beth will be here, and maybe Pati & Dave could come out ( we will even have a bed for you!!) With Mady & Tim here, and Beth here, we thought that maybe we could have a supper for our anniversary. It may be only hot dogs and hamburgers, but that is what we had at our wedding, so what the heck!! Lots of time to consider what we are doing. I took today off work to get a bit of rest. With Jim not feeling good, I have not been getting much sleep (he still hasn't had a dump... oh, sorry.... you are both medical professionals..... he has not had a bowel movement.....) I gave him some exlax, but no success.... I asked him to phone the doctor today, but, since he is a man... he didn't. The weather is finally great here. The Snow Birds are here on Saturday. Because they have never been in this area before, they have been practicing the last couple of days. Today there were clouds. We could here they flying over the house, but we couldn't see them...The guys in town said they had a great show! I guess we were the area that they flew over as they re-grouped, and they were probably pretty high up by then.. Jim wanted to just take the quad to the airport on Saturday for the show, but I don't think he is really up to quading right now. We will figure something out. The only advantage to beind at the airport is that we would hear the commentary. If we just want to watch, we can be further away. Anyway, thanks for letting me bitch.... talk to you later

No comments:

Post a Comment