Monday, May 24, 2010

Gardens & May Long

As usual, the warm sunny weather disappeared for May long. Very Windy and rain on and off. Thanks to Jim's puttering we have most of the garden in now. Only a few bedding plants to go. He planted a little bit every day. He wanted to get outside, and since he is not allowed to lift anything for another month, he figured gardening would be okay. As a result, we have potatoes, onions, radish and peas already up. The rest shouldn't be far behind. We planted the potatoes in batches, so that we should have new potatoes for a few weeks before they get big. We bought flowers for the office again this year. The facilities manager gave us his credit card number and off we went. Unfortunately, the green house didn't know how to go about not charging GST. Finally the decided that they would just write it all up by hand and bypass the till. Fine with us until they then told us no credit card for this... cash only. The things we do for the office!!! I also discovered 7 or 8 large anthills there when I mowed the grass yesterday! (the wind may have been strong, but it dried the grass quickly after the rain) I can't decide what to have for supper tonight. I really don't feel like a meal, but I don't know what I do feel like. What a dilemma! I need to wash the floors again. I don't know why I bothered. The sand and dirt just accumulate as fast as I clean. Oh well... summer is too short to worry about the inside of the house. Jim is outside puttering in the garden again, so I guess we will get the last of the bedding plants in today.... better not be frost this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment