Monday, May 24, 2010

Mud!

It would appear that we bought too much mud. David is spreading it out--bit by bit--and then putting a lot of it back in the wheelbarrow and bringing it back into the yard and stockpiling it. Yesterday I walked him over to Giant Tiger and we bought him a straw hat to wear. The top of his head was getting quite sunburnt, and considering that he had several cancerous growths removed last winter, this seemed a good precaution. At least he is pacing the work, or was until this morning. The forecast is for fairly heavy rains this afternoon and evening, and he really wants to get it finished before then.

On our bike ride this morning, we spotted something in someone's garbage pile in a back lane. This was what could be considered a ceiling rosette, mounted in a wooden frame. The rosette is plastic, and probably worth nothing. I thought about it after we got home and then jumped in the car and went back and picked it up. I was sure the police would be after me. I hid behind the garage with the car and then threw the thing in the back seat and took off as fast as I could. It cleaned up beautifully. By chance, yesterday I was reading about a method of using this sort of thing to create a pattern on fabric with fabric paint. The technique is more likely to be used with things like hub caps or ceiling tiles, but I thought I would try this. Now, of course, I want to try it RIGHT NOW! But with rain coming, it has to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment