Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dieting

I'm learning that no diet will work for me unless I have protein at every meal. This wouldn't be problem if I wasn't supposed to be restricting my intake of animal products. It never ends, although there's always an "ebb and flo" to the process. We were forced to buy a new scale--hate the thing! It provides my weight to two decimal points.



Maybe, if Jim is feeling that poorly, you're better off with him staying in an extra day. Not if you can't sleep though. I find I don't worry so much if he's complaining a lot. When he becomes more quiet, I get concerned. Loren's minor surgery went well--he was able to drive himself home. We haven't heard any more from him, but the whole idea was to reduce the pain he was experiencing and allow him a little more range of movement in his ankle. Hope it works for him.



David spent yesterday at the lake, with Gail, scouting out a new location for the outhouse and assessing the extent of the problem with the bathroom floor. They had to take out the toilet--and, yep, the floors gone. Just a lot of mould left behind. The long term plan is to go down the 9th or 10th of June to deal with these things. They have hired a fellow to do the work--the same one who replaced most of the plumbing last year--except he is now no longer working on weekends. It was planned this way as there is a big quilt show in Kenora that weekend, that I very much would like to see. However, while I was typing this, Windows took over the computer for updates, so I went to check to see when the june quilters' guild meeting is here. Yep--Friday June 10th.

Yesterday I was shopping with Amber and Samantha. I bought a couple of pints of Blackberries, to use in making some bramble berry jelly. It made me think of Dad. He used to send/bring me blackberries for my jelly. Since then I've always bought a few to use. They were cheap yesterday so I bought extra and Sam asked for one--and ate it and asked for more. So I had a few for supper--are those things ever good!! No wonder Daddy liked to pick them!

No comments:

Post a Comment