Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hospitals

are not Jim's favourite place. He was determined he was going to be an outpatient for this operation, but guess where he stayed last night. By 7 pm he was still in a lot of pain and by then I had gone home and gotten his slippers and toothbrush etc. He still talked about going home, but his speech was puntuated by "squeals" of pain (actually he swore a lot) They gave him morphine at 4:15 pm, 2 tylenol "3" at about 5:30 and another shot of morphine at around 7 pm. The second shot seemed to work, because he calmed down and started dozing off. I left at 8 cause he wasn't coming home and he was really tired. Hopefully they send him home this morning. He knows I can leave work to pick him up. I thought I would get a pretty good night's sleep with the whole bed to myself, but I kept waking up. Jim's room is right across the hall from the cancer respite room where one of our friends is. Jim refused to go and visit him because he wanted to remember him healthy. We fought about it but as usual Jim won. Anyway, Bill came across the hall to see Jim, so maybe now Jim will be willing to visit Bill. I was trying to lose weight, but its funny how being home alone makes you look for something to munch on. I had potato chips and a glass of wine last night. So much for the raw veggies and salad I ate the rest of the day! Today is another day... Time for my fruit salad breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment