Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be - No relief yet so we suffer?

Still same weather as yesterday - I do not become as affected by the warm humid temps as Harry, or his Mother do, but still have to put up with the moans and groans constantly. So I go out and water the garden and putter around. Just came back from a nice long walk with the dog. There are a few new houses being constructed in the neighbourhood and it is fun to walk by every day to see the progress, or lack thereof, and dream about how nice it would be to move into a new house. We were in North Bay today to check on Mikes place. He requested that I look at his Dress uniform jacket because there is a rip in the back seam. If I couldn't sew it then maybe we could have a tailor do it because he needs it for a friends wedding on Saturday. I brought it home and have ripped the lining apart and captured the seam in question. I should be able to sew it up nicely on the machine and then hand sew the lining back into place. The question is when? Tomorrow apparently we are going to pick cranberries in the marsh. This should be an all day affair - it is an hours walk into the marsh let alone the picking time. Then Thursday it is to Mothers in the morning and back to North Bay in the afternoon. Friday we leave early to drive to Pet to attend Mikes graduation. Today we bought a gift and had it engraved as a remembrance for him. The girl in the shop mentioned she knew Mike and got all excited to know she was doing a gift for him - "He's a real great guy - a big teddy bear" she went on to say. It seems no matter where we go, Mike has preceded us and left a good lasting impression on folks. He is a very personable guy. Harry found a new recipe in the latest Whats Cooking book that he wants me to make for Mother on Thursday - the Sweet Potato shepherds pie on page 43 so I bought the ingredients today. I will have to put it together at her place because I will not have time to do it here at home. And so I am to bed now so I can get some rest before tomorrow to set forth on another wonderful day....!!
Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment