Friday, October 1, 2010

Be - Confessions...

...I sit here at the computer eating some Cool Ranch Nacho Chips and a glass of wine is close at hand. To celebrate the closing of that little store I mentioned last time, I took the dog on Wednesday evening purposefully down the "One Stop" trail, to buy a lottery ticket, and something such as chips as a remembance. Well, it turned out not to be as meaningful a trip as I imagined. On the way there she had a bowel movement which I cleaned up with the plastic bag I carry but it had a hole in it and I was soiled. So down the trail was a big rain puddle that I bent down to wash my hand but I had my white rubber clogs on and slipped on the wet mud and went down. On I went to the store and found that the OLG lottery machine was "down". I bought this bag of Nacho and came back home somewhat disappointed with the whole affair! So I intend to enjoy these chips no matter what because I think I earned them.
This week we have run all over trying to get Mothers troubles in order ie a new phone which did not work and we had to get a replacement ordered which we picked up today, and also a new bathtub faucet handle that broke in two as I scrubbed out the tub on Thursday. It is so old that there is no place that has a replacement. Harry has glued the broken one in hopes it will hold a bit longer! It is confirmed that Harry's brother and wife will be coming for Thanksgiving. We have drawn up the menus and started to buy some food as, per usual, Harry and I will be doing the catering! We saw Mike for a bit today in North Bay. He passed his course in SSM to qualify on a new huge Military truck, and is likely going to be able to instruct now in this vehicle as well as others. This is the man who still does not have his civilian drivers licence.
Well, my tummy is full now with Nachos so I better sign off - hope you both have a good weekend. Anxious to hear about your new lessons that started this week Patty? Our computer has been uncooperative for last two weeks - even with Harry defraging it, it is slow and each letter I type has to be done individually or else it won't appear. Very frustrating!
Take care.....

No comments:

Post a Comment