Saturday, November 13, 2010

Be - I was one of the Grosbeaks at Cathys

Well, maybe not really but my spirit was there with you all. Wouldn't it be a dream if we were all together walking Cathy's trail. I have always loved that walk. So it was a week from h--- for me. The only bright spot in an otherwise horrible week was to see Michael in his "Sunday going to meeting" dress uniform with white leather belt and white gloves leading the Volley team at the Remembrance Day Ceremonies - both at the North Bay Arena, and then again at the Algonquin Regiment Cenataph. Makes a poor old Mother very proud!
This computer is still functioning almost at a halt and requires me to take a second or two just to type one letter - perhaps one reason why you haven't had a note from me recently (among other reasons) But it always boosts my spirits to be able to log on and see all your news.
Believe it or not, I just walked up to the LCBO and bought a bottle of sherry and just mixed a drink 1/2 sherry and 1/2 ginger ale. Remember that was what we were given at home the odd time. And when done here I shall go and practice some violin. Perhaps I shall be a bit more chatty in the week to come - next Friday I go to the Eye Surgeon - good thing as I have lots of floaters and wouldn't be surprised if he does a bit of laser. If so, I plan to quit curling as it may be a few weeks again before I can participate and likely not a good activity to continue with retinas that like to tear and bleed all the time. More to come - Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment