Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beaches

The only pictures were of damaged and flooded cottages and the torn up boardwalk. The article said that there were 2metre waves going right over the board walk and into the sand dunes, so I'm guessing that a lot of the sand was drawn back into the lake. It said further that the other beaches in that area had lost most of their sand. Victoria Beach is the one where no cars are allowed and you have to park and walk in. Most people have wagons etc for hauling groceries and luggage. The year I remember Dad and Mr. Martin rented a cottage there for a week, but Mom stayed home. I think it was before Cathy was born, or while she was still a baby. I can see Mom refusing to do something like that if there was a little one. Of course you're sore! The heavy work you usully do uses totally different muscles than curling. I hope you keep it up. The socialization is much more important than the actual game.

No comments:

Post a Comment