Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow Budget

I remember Daddy complaining about this issue. All of the neighbours used to sound off to him whenever Winnipeg ran out of snow clearing money in November or December. It seems that, while most of the world functions from September to August, Winnipeg budgets from January to December. Come January 1st, we'll have a whole new year of money to spend. But it was a rough stretch. David had to get the snow blower out 6 days out of 7. It just snowed and snowed. Not that I envy your isssue with snow melt running into the basement, Beth.

Finally I'm having some time at home. Cathy lent me some Kraft Canada magazines, and I've been working my way through them. I was desperate for some new ways of cooking chicken. I copied off those recipes I thought might work ( sorry Cathy, some of your page markers got lost in the process) When I got them all together in a looseleaf, I realized that I was looking at chicken, pasta, and tomatoes in just about everything, just changing the flavour of salad dressing used for the marinade. So, I've decided to use the recipes once or twice a week and stick with old stand-bys the rest of the time. I did try the broccoli salad recipe Cathy gave me, and seemed to end up with a lot of filler and not much broccoli--not that I minded. Next time, I htink I'll use fewer raisins and sunflower seeds. It doesn't taste right unless the bacon is really well cooked, either.

Otherwise, I spend time in the studio or on the computer. I much prefer doing work processing on the desk top, especially when that's where the printer is. But, ergonomically, it fits better. This means scheduling around poker tournaments, and football games. I got a big job off my mind yesterday. There is another on on the horizon, but I need approval from my partner on the first one before starting that.

So two more days that I don't have to go out. Glad I stocked up at the library. ( Procrastination??)

No comments:

Post a Comment