Monday, November 15, 2010

Be -Makes you wonder if you really should...

Sometimes the odds seemed stacked against one doing things they want eg violin - I have persevered with great determination to go to class every week and try to get in a bit of practice in between. I was doing great this week until Sat when I sliced the top of my ring finger on left hand -the one that needs to press the strings. I had a time to stop the bleeding and get a steristrip in place (a bandage that acts like a stitch) Try to play the strings with bandages on and pain with the slightest touch. And my lesson is tomorrow. Oh well, I am not a concert violinist so I guess it really isn't the end of the world! Today we were the entire day at Mothers - she had a Doctors appt for 2 pm for physical and flu vaccine and it was a challenge to get her ready and there in time. Creates some interesting verbal exchanges - enough said! On Saturday we went to the North Bay Annual Art and Craft Christmas Show. We have gone most every year and I enjoy it - however this year seemed to be less than exciting. I did buy two wooden tree ornaments - one saying Simplicity and the other saying Faith. Maybe speaks to my state of mind these days? I just returned from another evening of curling - I have a good time inspite of not really being very good but it is an outside activity balancing the other aspects of my life. Hope my eyes will behave! Time to watch the news and then to bed. Hope to write again this week Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment