Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday

It's a good thing I wasn't supposed to be at the craft sale at 8am... It was after 10 when I crawled out of bed. I really must need more sleep than I am getting during the week. I wasn't asleep, but I was "dozing". We won our usual at meat draw last night, but Kristy and Rodney dropped over afterwards. They have been fighting for custody of Rodneys daughter for a long time now. She left her moved in with them last March (ran away from her mom's) but a family judge ordered that at 12 she is too young to know what she really wants. She now has one week at each place. We read on facebook how unhappy she is at her moms and I really feel bad for her. Rodney and Kristy both want her so much. Her brother left his mom's when he was almost 15. He was going to stay until Jen was old enough to leave with him, but he couldn't stand it. Enough of the sad stuff. Let's talk about the lovely weather we are all having! The snow has stopped now and we just have "pea soup" fog outside. But that's okay. The snow is supposed to come back tomorrow. We did our "dickens reading" at the personal care home on Tuesday night. It was okay, but it is disconcerting to have your audience wheeled out because they are asleep! All in all, though. Whitemud is discussing having a number of 15 to 20 minute plays (comedies) to present there occasionally. Most of the residents enjoy a good comedy, but they can seldom get out to one. The Manitoba Association of Playwrights has a number of short plays (10-20 minutes) that they have submitted to ACT for possible production. Some of them would be great. Work is work... I go in and I come home. We had an office meeting last Tuesday and I found out (at the meeting) that we are having staggered hours. Patty starts at 8:45 (taking her coffee break before she arrives) and Deb leaves at 4:15. I am now working very hard to be out of there by 3:45. I knew Patty was starting late, but I had no idea that these staggered hours were in place. No more screaming, though, so that part is much better. I asked when were were going to switch jobs again (so the 3 clerks can fill in for one another) Deb said she would not learn my job... she didn't want to and Patty said she already knows how to do everything. So much for keeping on top of things. Patty complained about some of us (read Cathy) doing our own little projects so that we did not have to help with other things.... Little did she know that Elizabeth had asked me to work on the problem titles (score one for Cathy) Time for brunch! Have a good weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment