Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just coasting

Friday and Saturday is the craft show--the last one I've signed up for at this point. This is very much on my mind, but at this point, there is nothing I can do to get ready for it. We'll get everything together Thursday evening, pack the car early Friday morning, and then hang on, sit tight, and enjoy the ride! As well, Friday evening is the quilt guild meeting, and I'm sharing a sales table with another lady. I don't have much to sell this year, but am taking a bunch of my hand dyed fabric--priced quite nicely, if I do say. Yesterday we were out to Beausejour to pick up sandwich boards from the artists' co-op to lend to the Crafts Museum for the sale.

Tomorrow is a painting class. I'm apprehensive about this one. She showed us an example of what we're doing and it scared the pants off me. IMHO far beyond my skill level. I know I should just just suck it up and do my best, but with what I saw, I wouldn't even know where to start. I can't believe that I'm thinking about not going. I picked up some books on plants and leaves from the library, and I've tried to plan some sort of picture using them as references, but generally, I'm not happy. That was an experience in itself. I asked the reference librarian for books with pictures of leaves. She found me gardening books, landscaping books, books on weeds.etc, even a couple of books out of the children's section on photosynthesis. In retrospect, I should have asked for books on identifying trees. She was off and running, and pulling books and muttering to herself. Finally I took the books she gave me just to stop her performance, or we might still be there.

On the other hand, today was our monthly Tuesday Night Stitchers that Used to Meet on Wednesday Afternoon meeting. We had a new lady join us today, and we had one of our better meetings, I think. Mind you, three out of the five of us were quilting.

So we wait to see what the weekend holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment