Friday, November 26, 2010

Be - "long time ... no hear"

rest assured though that I am indeed "here" Finally got to see the Doctor on Wed about my GI issues - yes, I still have my GI issues. She tells me that she had a bout of diarrhea in the summer that lasted two weeks! So is this supposed to make me feel better? Anyway, several specimens were collected and taken off to the Lab on Thursday morning. I should hear back from Dr Monday or Tuesday. The directions on the bottles suggested putting saran wrap over the toilet hole in order to ensure the specimen was not in contact with urine or water. Now, can you imagine someone with water diarrhea even attempting to defecate onto a piece of saran wrap? Or even having time to drape the hole properly prior to performing the act.....? And Patty you thought you had problems cleaning your bathroom! Well, I guess thats enough about my little issue.
I heard on the news tonight that Winnipeg has already spent its winters budget on snow removal just in November - I wonder about who, and how the financial people could not be on top of this - its not as if Wpg never gets a good share of snow each year - no wonder they had roque front end loaders filling in Findlays driveway! They didn't know what else to do with it (haha)
We had to go to North Bay yesterday afternoon to deliver something and got stuck in a freak freezing rain - we came back home on the highway about 60 kph all the way - all transit buses and even salt trucks were pulled off at one point. I was very happy to reach Sundridge in one piece. Highways all around the city were closed, and according to news, many fender benders. Now we are in the middle of snow squalls expecting up to 40 cm by tomorrow. Must be the storm you folks in Manitoba sent East to us.
We are continuing to experience computer problems - one reason I haven't been too active on the blog . Harry bought a fancy new keyboard thinking that was the problem but as I write this note I see that it has not improved - still needs "one key at a time prompting" in order to get a complete word written. Then the printer wouldn't print in colour so the "computer man" told Harry to clean the cartridge head by going into settings and printer. So you know who got that job - apparently I have a Masters in Computer Application from MIT. Long story short ( and you wouldn't want to hear the details anyway) we now have two new cartridges in the printer -one colour and one black and white and Harry has his colour printing back.
Well, it is time to quit for tonight as tomorrow will come soon enough. Hope all is well with you two. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment