Monday, November 8, 2010

Quick review....

this is just a quick note, since the entire blog I posted on Saturday disappeared! I was glad when Saturday came. We went to meat draw on Friday and won our usual. We had only been home for 1/2 an hour when Jim got a call from the Legion. A friend of his son's ex-wife's mother was there and wanted to meet him for a drink. So back we went. She had come from Dauphin with 4 other women for an old time dance but the dance was over sold and they were sitting in the hallway. They figured the clubroom was a better place to drink. It was going on 11 before we got home again. Saturday was the annual legion banquet. It was okay, but the roast pork was really dry, and there were sure a lot of protocol mistakes!! Even I could spot them. Sunday, dispite our good intentions we did nothing. I sat outside in my shorts and t-shirt and read a book. We were going to haul some more wood out of the bush. There is a whole section that got hit with the wind the day we lost the tree in the shelterbelt. It looks like a small tornado touched down in the bush, bounced over the house and hit the shelterbelt! I did talk to Kris on Sunday. A couple of people had stopped me on Saturday and asked it it was my son who had won?!?? Not a country station listener I knew nothing about the contest. He won a $5000 shopping spree at the Brandon Mall. You phoned in over a couple of months and the 80 people that got through had to be at the Mall on Saturday for the final. It was last man standing as people were eliminated when called. Guess who stood there the longest!! Okay, today is Monday and back to work... there is a casting call tonight for the spring production, a rehearsal tomorrow for the DIckens reading and an ACT meeting on Sunday. THat's all I remember right now. Enjoy the week ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment