Friday, November 26, 2010

Housework can be hazardous to your health

With all that has been going on, combined with my natural tendnecy to procrastinate, the house has turned into a pigsty. So yesterday I made a list of things to do, and one was scrub out the upstairs bathroom, even to the point of cleaning out the cupboards and washing the floor. We even decided to replace the shower curtain--the one we mended with shipping tape when you were hear last summer, Beth. In hind sight, we maybe should have just mended it again--the tear wasn't any worse than it had been then. Everything went well until I tried to re-hang the shower curtain. It took about 5 tries to get it up. Next was to scrub the tub. This has become a major problem ever since my fall last summer--I can't kneel down and put any weight through my right knee. So there I was on 1 1/2 knees scrubbing the tub and down comes the shower curtain. David --playing on the computer--heard the noise and came to see what was going on. He found me scrubbing away with both the shower curtain and tension rod on my shoulders. Once I was down there, there was no way I was going to even TRY to get up, until the job was finished. Needless to say, neither the cupboards nor the floor were touched yesterday.

I'm sitting here with my morning coffee, while David is out blowing snow. The newspaper says that we have exceeded normnal snowfall for the month by 75%--all in the last week. We've had heavy snowfall every day and the streets are just awful--plows are barely keeping up with the bus routes. Getting into our street and then into our driveway has been "iffy" at best. I've been glad that we live so close to the corner, neighbours further down have been having a terrible time with it. So I heard the roar of the machine and thought it was loud. Took a look, just in time to see a frontend loader drop a huge winrow across our driveway, while David stood with his blower and watched. We have to go out, but it looks like it might be awhile.

I refuse to shop on weekends this close to Christmas. It has been said that the intersection of Regent and Lagimodiere is the busiest and most dangerous in the city, and much more so during November and December. So I either have to do my once-a-month shoppng today or Monday. Amber and I are sharing the cost of a gift for Darren this year, and she has made arrangements to get it today. So we need to hit the bank and then meet her in St. Boniface around noon. ( We're meeting a guy at a certain street corner at 12:30. Hm-m-m??) I imagine it will live at my house until Christmas. After supper, we are supposed to go to her house for an informal family birthday party for Samantha. She already has her gift, so we just have to get a card.

Tomorrow I have another class--this one on silk painting. You'll be glad to know that there are no others scheduled in the New Year--although I've seen a couple that look interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment